I have met several photographers who specialize in "day in the life" type photography. This is where the photographer is hired to go into a client's home and document a day in the life of that family. The family might start with making pancakes in the morning, followed by a little leaf raking in the yard, an "impromptu" game of touch football, playing with dolls inside and then naptime. The photographer stays for several hours and then puts together a beautiful coffee table book for the client that tells a story of that particular family, frozen in a moment of time. Who doesn't want to remember snuggly bedtime stories and warm hugs forever? There don't seem to be many photographers who offer this service in the DFW metroplex, as it seems to be a more mid-western phenomenon. Of course, the day is fairly scripted, and the houses are usually cleaner than they would normally be! :-) I know that if someone came to my house to cover a "real" day in our life, there would be lots of shots of me sitting in front of the computer and lots of shots of the kids playing the Wii. ha ha I would love to offer this service if there is market demand for such photography. I am also encouraging clients allow me to photograph their family at their own home. This is a great solution during the really cold and really hot months where outdoor photography is limited. I like the challenge of finding the perfect "set" for the family portrait and finding great light in homes. It's also easy on smaller kids since they are in their own element and can dart away for a minute to grab a favorite toy and then come back to work. The photos on this post are of one of my favorite little guys. He is animated, silly and completely adorable. I have taken his picture since he could just sit up, and now he is three! These were taken in his beautiful home on Tuesday. We took pictures on his front porch, in the living room, sitting on his dining table and out back by the pool. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment